Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Cross Country

On Thursday it was Cross Country for the whole school. We did Cross Country out on the big reserve it wasn’t that muddy. My school does Cross Country because we can be fit and run faster. Before we ran we get half an hour to play. After lunch the whole school had to go to the courts and line up in there age groups and sit in a line. The first race was the 5 years old boys and girls, they only had to run 500 meters. Then the 6,7 and 8 year olds had their turn. Finally it was the 9 year old boys turn. “Yes” I thought to myself, “we are finally going to race.” Our principal Mr Burt starts us off with a microphone, he said “on your marks, get set” then the siren sounded and off we went. Everyone sprinted at the start but I just jogged so I wouldn’t get too tired and stop. ot to a point on the course where I had to run fast to stay in front of other runners, when I started getting tired again I slowed down so I could jog again. I saw a massive puddle of water under a tree I ran straight through the water it was so cold but heaps of fun. I made it to the finish line. I was so tired but I was glad the race was over. I went and had a cup of water because i was really really thirsty. After my race I was glad that it was over. I enjoyed the run because it was lots of fun. I was happy that I came 6th and not last. I can not wait for next year also I hope I come 5th. The End

1 comment:

  1. You did really well in cross country this year, Jalen! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.